I may not be the best cook, per se—I leave that job up to my talented-in-the-kitchen boyfriend—but I sure do love to bake. Cakes, cookies, scones, casseroles; you name it, I love to bake it. And while I like to branch out and try new recipes and creations, there’s one recipe I come back to over and over.
Whether it’s for Christmas morning (my family’s tradition) or a great party snack, these sausage and cheese mini-muffins are sure to please just about anyone. Part comfort food, part spicy goodness and entirely addictive, this is one easy-to-make dish you’ll find yourself whipping out time and again.
Sausage & Cheese Mini-Muffins
Yield: 4 dozen
1 (1-pound) package ground pork sausage (mild or spicy, to taste)
3 cups all-purpose baking mix
1 ½ cups (6 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
1 (10 ¾-ounce) can condensed cheese soup
½ cup water
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cook sausage in large skillet, stirring until it crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain and cool.
3. Combine sausage, baking mix and shredded cheese in large bowl. Make a well in center of mixture.
4. Stir together soup and water. Add to sausage mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
5. Spoon into lightly greased mini-muffin pans, filling to top of cups.
6. Bake for 16 minutes or until golden brown.
P.S. What are some of your favorite go-to recipes? Share in the comments section!